my website

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Sheep Obsession

Hello all, thank you for visiting again.
Decided to start to catch up with some things I have been meaning to do. So today I have been modelling a sheep! I had asked my brother-in-law what he would like sculpted and, being a farmer who breeds sheep, he suggested a Charollais ram (Charollais are a breed of sheep, I know I'm stating the obvious!). So I have started it today. Below are a few pics of the stage I'm at right now.
Basically I'm about halfway through. Lots to do yet, but it is starting to take shape.
I had promised myself that I would do a sculpture and it has been a good challenge. Doing requests seems a good idea, especially if I can do animals as they are always a popular choice. This is my first attempt at a sculpture in years and the first animal I've ever attempted so let me know what you think. Also any other ideas you may have for sculptural objects, or just general ideas and comments would be welcome.
As always thank-you for taking the time to read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. Feel free to leave comments. Please leave your name so that I can reply to any questions you may have.