my website

Monday, December 7, 2009

Tick, Tick...Tick?

Out in the studio again today, working on the clock. I realised I had thrown the walls to thick to mount the clock mechanism, so I had to carve away the clay inside to mount it properly. After finishing I decided to throw another couple of clock bodies just in case the first one fails. It pays to play it safe, I have found. You never know what will happen in the firing, as was the case with the big bowl (if you have been following this blog for a while you will know that the big bowl exploded!).
So I threw the extra bodies and I will shape them tomorrow, if they have dried out enough by then. It's still cold and raining hard right now, so we will have to see.
Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. Feel free to leave comments. Please leave your name so that I can reply to any questions you may have.