my website

Wednesday, October 28, 2009


Another quick update today. I spent this afternoon working on a couple of pots, using an oxide mix to spray their surfaces and then scratching patterns through the sprayed oxide revealing the clay beneath. To get a bit nerdy for a moment: I took 50% Iron Oxide and 50% Manganese Dioxide and mixed these together with enough water to spray (this is as much for me, as I often forget these experiments!).
You can find a video of my work on one of the pots on my YouTube channel. It only lasts a minute, so hopefully you won't get bored!
I'm looking forward to seeing the pots after they are fired, as I think they may be interesting.
Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. Feel free to leave comments. Please leave your name so that I can reply to any questions you may have.