my website

Friday, November 27, 2009

Casseroles And Vase Pics

I finished off the last casserole today and sprayed another vase ready for scratching some decoration onto it. But as promised I remembered to take some photos.


The first pic. shows the casseroles today after I had finished turning the last one. They are a good size (probably 12" across). Just have to wait and see how fast they dry out before I can fire them.




And here is the vase I promised to show you. You can see the pattern very clearly even though it is the same oxide mix as the burnished surface. It will be interesting to see how it emerges from the kiln.




And here you can see a close-up of the painted decoration. I've tried to keep it simple for this test piece. 
Thanks for visiting.

1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful treatment on the vase. I'm looking forward to seeing the final results. Glad I found your Blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog. Feel free to leave comments. Please leave your name so that I can reply to any questions you may have.