my website

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Decorating The 5KG Vase

I spent this morning decorating the 5KG vase you may have seen me throw in one of my recent YouTube videos. I sprayed it with the oxide and clay mix yesterday but it wasn't dry enough to decorate (it's cold and damp here at the moment so everything is taking twice as long to dry. It's around 5 degrees C today).


I thought, as I am experimenting at the moment, that it made sense to use a combination of decorative finishes. So I burnished the top and bottom and scratched my swirl pattern into it. I intend only to fire this once and not glaze it. The plan is to use it for dry storage, pasta etc.
It should give me a good idea as to the practicality of this type of ware. We will have to wait and see how it fires.
Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. Feel free to leave comments. Please leave your name so that I can reply to any questions you may have.