my website

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Frostbitten Fingers

Was out in the studio today...freezing. Not the studio, I have a heater which works well enough, but the clay and the water were very cold. I threw quite a lot today which meant wedging up a load of clay. I had to stop every minute just to give my hands a chance to warm up. It was frosty last night, and still so this morning, so it was no surprise that the clay was cold.
Anyway I threw another large teapot for friends as well as a shape which I plan to alter to build a clock. Then I threw a medieval spouted pitcher and a set of drinking cups for it.
I will take photos of them all tomorrow, if they have dried out enough for me to turn and finish them.
Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. Feel free to leave comments. Please leave your name so that I can reply to any questions you may have.